Offered as Private, one-on-one instruction or at a discounted group rate.
What does the course cover?
The day will begin with a brief introduction to the equipment and safety procedures. You will then work side-by-side with the instructor as he demonstrates and explains the various bead making techniques. Some of the areas we will explore are:
– Consistently forming a good base bead
– Pulling stringer / Applying stringer decoration
– Dots, layering dots, feathering, poking, squashing, raking, twisting, etc.
– Bead shapes: Flattened beads, Bi-cone, Barrels, etc.
– Encasing your beads in glass
– Working with Gold and Silver
– Techniques for consistent recreation of bead styles
– Adding Murrine (Millefiori) to beads
And of course all of the beads you make are yours to keep.
We are able to offer on-site accommodation, both to those taking our various courses and those who are not. The charming studio suite offers private access, double bed, bathroom (with shower) and even a fireplace for our winter guests. The suite opens directly onto the veranda and garden.
For more details and to register for your course please visit this page.